I was born in New Brunswick, New Jersey in 1953. I grew up in St. Louis, Missouri and obtained my BA in Political Science in 1975 from the University of Missouri-St. Louis. I earned my Juris Doctor degree from the University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law in 1978 and associated with my present firm upon graduation. While in law school, I met and married my wife. She received her teaching degree from Missouri and teaches kindergarten in the Camdenton schools. We have two daughters, one lawyer and one elementary school teacher, who are also graduates of the University of Missouri.
I am an active member of the St. Anthony Catholic Church parish in Camdenton. I have served on the board of the local subsidized housing project for more than 15 years. My interests include Mizzou Tiger sports and my five grandchildren. In addition to the Missouri Bar, I am a member of the 26th Judicial Circuit Bench & Bar Association.
I was the City Prosecutor and Assistant City Attorney for the City of Osage Beach Missouri from 1999 to 2007 and earlier in my career I was City Attorney and Prosecutor for the City of Camdenton. In addition, I have done work for public ambulance districts and fire departments.
In my practice, I have represented homeowner’s associations and condominium boards. I handle commercial and residential property sales and leases, represent property owners in boundary line and road disputes and due to our location at the Lake of the Ozarks, seawall and dock disputes.
My family law practice includes adoption, divorce, child-support, custody, prenuptial agreements, guardianship, conservatorship and paternity cases. I also practice in juvenile court on criminal matters and status offenses. I advise clients on estate planning matters and assist in the probate of decedent’s estates. My practice also includes criminal and traffic law matters such as driving while intoxicated and careless and imprudent driving.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate
- Business Organizations
- Estate Planning
- 25% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Missouri, 1978
- University of Missouri Columbia School of Law, Columbia, Missouri, 1978
J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence
- University of Missouri, St Louis, Missouri, 1975
B.A., Political Science
- Mid-Missouri Oil Company
- Camden Ambulance District
- First National Bank-Camdenton
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Camden County Bar Association, Member 1978 – 2006; President, 1979-1980 and 1990-1991
- Missouri Bar Association, 1978 – Present, Member
- Missouri Land Title Association, Member
- American Land Title Association, Member
- 26th Judicial Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Camdenton, MO, City Attorney, 1983 – 1990
- Osage Beach, City Prosecutor, 1998 – 2007
- Phi Delta Phi
- June 7, 1953, New Brunswick, New Jersey, United States of America